PCSAT-1 Full operations and SSET

PCSAT-1 has fully recoverd and is available for normal contacts on 145.825.  See the downlink on http://pcsat.aprs.org

And we encourage everyone with a D7 or D700 (or other packet station) to go out and send yourself an Email via any of the birds, PCSAT-1, ARISS, GO-32, or even ECHO.  (though we may not have enough IGates always monitiring the GO-32 or ECHO downlinks).

By participating in this Satellite Simulated Emergency Test, you are not only showing our AMSAT interest in supporting EMCON, but you are also refreshing your skills at being able to use just a simple ARPS radio to get an emergency message out of anywhere at any time (when one of these satellites comes over).

See: http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/sset.html

PCSAT-1 may crash back to W3ADO-1.  The generic digipeater path "VIA ARISS" only works when PCSAT-1 is showing.   Otherwise, when it crashes back to W3ADO-1, you can only use that callsign.

The callsign PCSAT-11 is only on the 144.39 downlink over the USA.  If you see it on 145.825, then the satellite has crashed and should not be used until the two systems are again isolated (since it draws twice the power and will die).

Bob, WB4APR