oscar 16 and hamsat

greetings to the group

Many thanks to everyone for configuring oscar 16 for phone operation. Pretty
good SSB reception with the preamp.

On another note, I invite everyone to try HAMSAT or VO-52. It has a
spectacular 2 meter SSB signal that can be received on an all-mode rig
without a preamp. All you folks that want a linear transponder should be
using this bird to keep in practice for future HEO's.

Over the past 3 years since the launch of ECHO, I have purchased used UHF
and VHF all-mode rigs and built antennas.
Basically I'm "Gearing" up for P3E and Eagle.

73, pat