gpredict help

I've just started playing around with Ubuntu linux, and installed gpredict 0.6.1-1ubuntu1 using the Add/Remove progams package installer, as a user with system administration rights.  According to Synaptic Package Manager, all of the dependencies are met and the installation is not broken.  I can run gpredict, but there is no Update TLE option visible from the file menu.

What did I do wrong?  Is this one of those crazy permissions issues I've heard about?

George, KA3HSW