Re: Satellite tracking programming ideas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Monteiro" <aa2tx@comcast.net>
To: "Phil" <phillor@telstra.com>; "Amsat-Bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Satellite tracking programming ideas

> At 10:57 PM 1/30/2008, Phil wrote:

<cut>

>>If I read the frequency once per second while spinning the tuning knob,
>>occasionally I'll see an incorrect value. That same value persists until
>>the knob is moved again. I can see the problem but not the answer.

Thanks again for the replies Tony and Nate.

Problem solved. It wasn't hardware but instead a bug, caused by the use of a
signed char that sometimes caused a frequency calculation error.

I've been tracking AO-40's ghost for the past few weeks and I'm enthused
again and look forward to making contact once again through a real
satellite.

Regards,
Phil.