TNX for the AO-16 QSOs!

Howdy!

We are just finishing up our cruise to the western Caribbean (W5ACM, W5GFP, WA5TWT, WA5WOD, N5RPQ and WB5RMA). Over 90 QSOs were made using my call W5ACM/MM from the Carnival Conquest. We made some AO-16 passes with excellent results, but I must admit that it is a bit difficult to do FM up and SSB down while standing out on the deck of a ship with handheld gear!

Most of the contacts were via AO-51 (much easier), but we were amazed at the signal strength of the AO-16 downlink. It was REALLY EXCELLENT!!

73 de Andy W5ACM/MM