antenna attenuation

Hello
Has anyone encountered this situation-  My satellite antennas are about 15 feet off the ground.  approximatly 18 feet away at that height is the base of a  25 foot tripod that holds my HF quad.  When aiming at a certain direction about 15-20 degrees I can't seem to get through to AO-7.  I am trying to connect with OH8MBN.  Other directions I can usually hear my downlink almost down to the horizon.  On 70cm I run about 80-100 watts to a 40 el cp yagi.  I can pick up my down link when the sat is about 7 degrees.
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle

--
"if this were easy, everyone would be doing it"