Re: AO-16 over West Malaysia

At 03:41 AM 2/1/2008, Sion Chow Q. C. \(9W2QC\) wrote:

>Well, with more uplink power on 2M and gain antennas, it is not that bad
>after all.  Judging from the way the conversation sounds, most are
>terrestrial illegal 2M usage and when the bird goes further north, then you
>start to hear the so called long range cordless phones dialing and ringing
>away.

Guess you're also not having to cover nearly 3000km at low elevation
either to hit the bird at that time either!

>I look forward to a satellite QSO with you one day.  :)

Not sure I can muster the ERP to get over the QRM on 2m.  Pity theres
not another Mode B FM bird, that would be worth a shot between
us.  SO-35 generally had a clean uplink.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com