Re: Satellite tracking programming ideas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>
To: "Amsat-Bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:18 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Satellite tracking programming ideas

> Phil,
>
> Don't know if you're a "linux guy" or not, but the "snooper" package
> available on Debian Linux and derivatives, and certainly available

Thanks for the reply Nate, I'm not a Debian user (dare I admit to being a
loyal Mandriva supporter?) and as soon as I can establish an Internet
connection I'll search for snooper.

I've been thinking some more about this serial problem and wondering if the
radio might be at fault or, more likely, that I should be doing something
between
read frequency commands.

If I read the frequency once per second while spinning the tuning knob,
occasionally I'll see an incorrect value. That same value persists until
the knob is moved again. I can see the problem but not the answer.

Regards,
Phil.