Re: Space Grade Soldering ?

At 9:34 AM +1100 1/30/08, Tim Tuck wrote:
>I've been reading about the construction of a few microsats and I see "Space
>Grade Soldering" mentioned a few times. So I'm curious as to what that entails ?

I don't know what those authors meant, but I can tell you there was absolutely nothing special about the soldering on the digital boards for the original four Microsats -- except that it wasn't done very well and we had to repair many of the solder joints by hand during the bring-up process.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org