Re: Sign up for Penelope Boards now!

At 09:33 PM 1/29/2008, Stefan Wagener wrote:
>Very interesting.
>
>First: You have to sign up (!) to get to the projects page.
>
>Second: Unless you are familiar with the project the information provided is
>minimal.
>
>Third: After looking through all the sites mentioned, I am still not sure
>what "Penelope" is all about other than a 1/2-watt transmitter/exciter board
>(????) for "Mercury" which sits next to "Sasquatch" on an "Atlas" bus.
>
>Sounds great, but is there a "HPSDR for Dummies"

If you had read the whole msg from Scotty, he directs you to the
HPSDR page ("http://hpsdr.org/index.html";) where you can roam around
and find out everything you wanted to know about HPSDR, and then some ...

I gave you the URL for the home page (above) so you can start at the
beginning ...

It really IS all there ... once you understand (somewhat) what is
involved, you can go to the hamsdr site and indicate any interest you
might have.

The reason there are several sites is historical ... as several
groups merged, the HPSDR site (hpsdr.org) developed to disseminate
information, while other sites like hamsdr.com continued to gauge
interest in various projects.

Enjoy.

Dave    ve3gyq@tapr.org   ve3gyq@amsat.org

David B. Toth, MD