Re: AMSAT Operating Areas (OA's)

At 09:11 AM 1/30/2008, Geoff wrote:

>Many many moons ago there was a piece of software that would take the logs
>from a PACSAT bbs and a set of orbital elements and generate a usage map.
>Perhaps this could be useful when it comes to plotting high usage areas. I
>realize that the current thread refers to ISS and the voice birds but the
>result could be indicative?

I se a potentially fatal assumption here - that the same proportion
of users in all areas use the packet and FM birds.  I am one that
would screw up that assumption.  I don't do the pacsats, and I'm not
likely to. :)  Too many like me, or too many pacsat only users and
the results are skewed.  In fact, it might be useful to have separate
digital and voice maps.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com