Re: AO-16 over West Malaysia

At 01:41 AM 1/30/2008, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> > Surprisingly this bird hears very well.
> > About 30 watts of uplink  power into
> > 2x10 elements horizontally polarized
> > stacked yagi for 2M was about enough.
>
>Hummh... About 2100 Watts EIRP.  Yep, it should hear that
>nicely...

Considering I used to run between 0.1% and 0.01% of that into UO-14... ;)

>Though in the western pacific, this is understandable to get
>over all the terestrial QRM from unlicensed operations on 2
>meters..

Indeed.  From Malaysia, I'm surprised the bird was useable at
all.  Usually, when the FM birds are over that part of the world,
they're unusable.  The main culprit appears to be long range cordless
phones in nearby countries, going from the way the conversations sound.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com