Re: gpredict

Err, the DEC machines that ran Unix were (mostly) '11's and VAXen, and
while it may not be in the literature, there was a LOT of denigration
of the DEC-provided OS's, like DOS, VMS, RSTS, and RSX.

   Nate Duehr wrote:
   > On Jan 28, 2008, at 11:32 PM, don wrote:
   >
   >> The PDP series ran unix, and I still have the original Bell System
   >> Journals here at home describing the philosophy and design behind the
   >> unix system. I tried over the last few days of re reading these
   >> journals
   >> to find any reference to the denigrating of any other systems or their
   >> users... Are linux users and prophets now straying far from the
   >> original
   >> tracks for unix?

I picked up my first Unix disk by going to Murray Hills and being loaned
an RK05 pack to take it back in my van (which had PDP-11 license
plates).

73, doug