AO-16 with small stn.

Drew asked for reports from portable/small stations using AO-16, so I offer my experience.  Just had Qs with VE2AHD and K8ALM on a 17 degree pass here in FN30, New York City.  I was inside my apartment (brick building with metal windows) on the 17th floor, with many obstructions outside.  Using 2 FT-817s, 5 watts up into 3 el; preamp and 7 el down.

This is my portable gear used inside (temp in the 20s today). Can't wait for spring!  There may actually be very short windows--1 or 2 minutes--from here to G-land, etc.  This looks like a great bird.  I love the SSB downlink.  Tnx to all who made it happen.

73,
Tony, N2UN

ANTHONY JAPHA
tjjapha@earthlink.net