Re: UO-11 up and running

Mark Vandewettering wrote:

 >Elevation was less than 20 degrees here for the western pass, but I
 >wandered outside with my little VX3R and my Comet antenna, and sure
 >enough, it was banging away.  I don't have any telemetry decoders
 >(no windows boxes anymore) but I did record some audio which you
 >can download from my blog:

Hi Mark,
   Thanks for posting the recording!

   I downloaded your recording and ran it through
my DSP soundcard UO-11 demodulator. Most of the
data in your recording looks like this, although
other sections are quite noisy.

UOSAT-2           0711024074656

All of the columns of zeros are telemetry channels that have
failed. This agrees with what Clive has previously reported.

Earlier Clive reported:
 >The current status of the satellite, is that all the analogue
 >telemetry channels, 0 to 59 are zero, ie they have failed.
 >The status channels 60 to 67 are still working. The real
 >time clock is showing a large accumulated error [...]

Last month the clock was about 74 days slow, but it is now
about 81 days off.

In the past UO-11 also used to send stored ASCII bulletins
as well, but I think that capability of the satellite ended
when the spacecraft computer turned off. Anyone know
for sure?

Douglas KA2UPW/5