Re: mode s converter

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 07:42:42PM -0500, Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM wrote:
> I've been able to use a FT-470 transmitting somewhere in the 440 band to
> generate signals test signals all the way through 10 GHZ.  It helps to

There are people who have put a 50 ohm load on a HT then tapped off
a bit to feed a diode; this produces quite good harmonics. ;-)
Of course, you really need to make sure you aren't putting full power
across the diode and radiating significant power all over the place. ;)
One advantage of is, the harmonic will be a lot closer than a
40mhz xtal module.

- 73 Diane VA3DB
--
- db@FreeBSD.org db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db