Re: Six Amateur Radio Satellites to Launch in March

Hi Bruce,
Well said :-)

What come into mind is that AMSAT-UK took the opportunity
to get a transponder on SSETI Express and as far as I know are
now working on something for ESEO.

The groups from Delfts have participated in the AMSAT-UK Colloquium
for 3 or 4 years. In 2007 more Cubesat groups were represented
as well.

We (AMSAT) can work in two directions - one to get one or more
HEO's or perhaps GEO's up and working - two to make transponders that can be
used by the university group satellites as the communication
part during their often very short operating periode.
When the operating periode ends we have a transponder
to use.

In AMSAT-OZ we are also working along these lines. We have
started a project inspired by David Bernhard on the satellite
on a PCB project - but our first priority is to get a
transponder ready for inclusion in someone elses satellite.

Unfortunately we have limitted resources. Therefor it may take
some years.

Take a look at:

http://wiki.amsat.dk/index.php/Main_Page

During the Autumn semester we had students from Spain, France, England
Denmark and Poland working on the project - and more to come next
semester.

73 OZ1MY
Ib