Re: Kenwood TH78a

Hi Nels!

> I was wondering if anyone is using TH78a handheld to work
> AO-5, AO-27, and SO-51?
> If so wonder what downlink and upload frequencies you got
> programmed in?
> I got mine so it will take 436.800 but can't get 436.805 programmed. When I
> had a Icom IC-32 the downlink frequencies I had were as follows.
>
> 436.805
> 436.800
> 436.795
> 436.790
> 436.785
> 435.310
> 435.305
> 435.300
> 435.295
> 435.290
>
> Just can't get it to take anything ending in 5.

The problem with the TH-78, and other Kenwood HTs before that one,
is that it will not tune in 5 kHz steps on UHF.  It's limited to 10 kHz
as its smallest tuning step.  You *might* be able to fool the radio into
accepting those other frequencies by also changing the tuning steps,
but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix AZ
http://www.wd9ewk.net/