High of Satellite to be in sunlight

Hi all,

Strange question, I guess partly related to wanting to work AO-7 later this
year. How do you know, or calculate whether a satellite is in sunlight even
if the prediction programs shows it to be out of sunlight on the map?.

I.e. will the satellite be illuminated even though the earth in the coverage
area is not?

I hope that makes sense?!

Also, I have been trying to look in the archive and work out exactly when
AO-7 will be in what mode during the passes over my QTH.. I try and use the
Planet Emily site and Oscar.dcarr.org, but it appears to be mainly in mode A
more then B?

Finally, has anyone heard the beacon from her recently?

Many thanks,

Chris

M0DQO

IO90KU - UK