Plotting QSOs on a map

Ed Tump said:

*Are there ways to have an image like a map of the US and update it with
satellite contact? Where the map would show my home QTH and then show a dot,
icon, etc, where the  contacts grid is? This would be something I could keep
as an image or print when needed.*

Personally, I use Google Earth (http://earth.google.com) for my QSO plotting
needs.  Although you'll
have to enter the QSOs by hand.

The Google Earth software is free for the downloading, and once you have the
software you can
see plots of my QSOs for last year and this year at

Another ham was working on a better presentation within Google Earth, but at
the most basic level,
you can enter your QSOs and show them as icons on the globe.  You can
convert grids to lat/long at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/toys/  for plotting them on Google Earth

Darin Cowan