Re: Cable question

> Either run LMR-400 all the way (70-foot) or for lower loss run
> 50-foot 1/2-inch hardline (Andrew Heliax LDF4-50A) + 20-foot of
> LMR-400.  Use N-female connectors on the hardline and N-male on the LMR-400.

Speaking about coax lines i just get from an CATV installer who was working in
my backyard replacing an old heliax line (That i was watching for over 2 weeks)
about 4 run of 200 feets of old master line 75 ohm heliax the one who can be
fitted nicely with a PL-259 connector.

The killing question!!! Did any one used this type of coax on a RX line with a
mast head preamp on 432Mhz 1.2Ghz and 2.4Ghz? I know on a TX line the mismatch
will give a SWR around 1.5 making  the line probably too lossy on TX at
microwaves frequencies even with both end adapted.

The installer was very happy to don't have to coiled about 800 feets of coax in
about 4 feet of snow behind about 6 back yards full of winter stored items and
sheds. The final destination of this coax line was the trash container...

My small ecological contribution!

Thank's for your input

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE