Re: APRS and Tracking Software for Linux?

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:16:30 -0500, John Marranca, Jr wrote:

>So...what are other Linux users using for APRS duty?  Soundcard packet/APRS?
> Tracking?

Xastir. Simply the best. Digi_Ned for digipeating. KISS mode all around.
Probably going back to aprsd for IGate when I get a round tuit.

I prefer external TNCs. The sound card stuff has a cool factor, but I like to
keep those CPU cycles in an external box since I use vintage computer
hardware quite a lot.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
TR7/RV7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C, L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!