A query.

Hi all,
         Does anyone have any current information on the whereabouts/state of the SUMBANDILA (lit: 'pathfinder') satellite that was built by Stellenbosch universdity. South Africa.

The last I heard - (a year ago) - it had gone for "testing".

This satellite with a 2m/70cm transponder was to be launched at the end of 2006 ... then May 2007 ... it is now January 2008 and I can't recall seeing any pertinent info: on any of the bulletin boards.

If anyone has any 'recent' information I'd appreciate a hands-up.

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>