educational inquiry re: astrophysics

My oldest daughter has expressed an interest in majoring in
astrophysics...and it occurred to me that perhaps there are some on the
list either actively or peripherally involved in this field who might be
able to provide some insight on, well, what exactly that is, career-wise.
So if anyone on the list would be willing to provide some input to an
aspiring astrophysicist (off-list) that would be most appreciated.

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di
mailto:nx7u@arrl.net
http://members.cox.net/nx7u