Re: 6m MS EmComm Email system

At 9:47 AM -0500 1/4/08, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>Do you remmber how to re-direct the LPT port to a FILE on a DOS
>program that is someone elses turn-key DOS application?

If you're really under DOS, you need a TSR program to do that. There was one called PRN2FILE which appears to still be available. I preferred one called LPTX, if memory serves, but last time I looked for it I couldn't find it.

If you're running the DOS program under Windows, you can create a dummy printer (of any type) and configure it to print to file. Share that printer, and then use the command NET USE LPT1 \\YourPCName\YourPrinterName to make it visible to DOS programs as LPT1. Use LPT2 instead if you want to keep your existing LPT1.

Those were the days (ugh).

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org