Re: ISS

> I have put togther a little page that shows
> the last hour of ISS traffic on
> a map and some recent data
> http://vk4tec.no-ip.org/cgi-bin/iss_track3.cgi
> refresh is 60 seconds

Nice project.

Probably due to my being on the other side of the world, but it
took over 2 minutes for the map to be drawn (I am on a very high
bandwidth network at work)...  So there is a bottleneck
somewhere.

You could probably greatly speed things up if it was a lower
resolution map?  It appears that the one you are using is a 244K
image.  Whereas the map from FINDU (www.ariss.net) loads in
about one second and is only a 15k map.

But your site shold be much faster for people in your hemisphere
I would think...  ?

Bob