Re: AO=51 and Yagi Polarization

Clint Bradford <clintbrad4d@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > You are talking about the two satellites I regularly access using a
  > handheld radio at about 2.5W and either an Arrow dual-band antenna
    > or simply a longer duck.
  >
  > In my experiences, orienting the Arrow 90 degrees in either direction
  > gives no discernable improvement on the RX signal: It's clear and
  > wonderful no matter how I twist the Arrow.

  My experience has been quite different Clint.  There have been times when I've noticed a drop in signal strength, rotated my Arrow antenna 90 degrees, to find the signal strength back up.  I had been told earlier by an experienced sat op of the FM birds that there would be shifts in polarization during passes that I would have to correct for.  It appeared to me his advice was correct.

  73, Gary  -K8KFJ-
  AMSAT #32574
  Sat VUCC #125