Re: ISS power output ? MM

On Jan 2, 2008, at 12:01 PM, James C. Mankin wrote:

> There is a distinction between  free convection and forced
> convection.   Free convection requires gravity
> and doesnt work in microgravity while forced convection with a fan
> does.   Both are types of convective heat
> transfer.

Fair 'nough. I tend to think of the unqualified "convection" as free
convection, but you're right. In any case, I would think that (on this
radio) the forced convection for the fan greatly eclipses the free
convection one would get in a uniform gravity field, making cooling
requirements a bit of a non-issue in this case.

--
Rick