Re: ISS power output ? MM

Hi to All in 2008,

Miles, in saying:
>In Space there is NO Convection Cooling, so
>all electronics run hotter.  The primary cooling for
>the D700 is from the fan mounted to the back of the
>heat sink.

You are absotulely correct, in a sense, but somewhat in error.
The first part is very true-- in the sense of a space environment;
however, following it up with the part about FAN cooling sort
of gives it away, doesn't it?

To the best of my knowledge, the the RADIO aboard the ISS
is located in a life-support (air) environment, and NOT in a
vacuum of space.

A sincere THANKS for all you do to support AMSAT and
our SATELLITE world!   Have a nice 2008.

73,
Charlie, N5TD