Re: Egg beater vs Quadrifilars

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Guimont" <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 1:37 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Egg beater vs Quadrifilars

> See quadfilxxxxx on:
>
> http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads
>
> With detailed measurements for 2M, 435 and wx satellites....I scaled
> one for 2.4 gig feed on a 36" dish, and it worked very well, but not
> sure it was fully illuminated....
>
>             73, Dave, WB6LLO
>                 dguimon1@san.rr.com
>
>                     Disagree: I learn....
>
>                Pulling for P3E...

Hi Dave, WB6LLO

Your Quadrifilar Helix will work very well as a feed for a dish and with a
minimum  spillower if the F/D ratio of  the dish is ranging from 0.3 to 0.35

See my article " Experimental Investigation on Quadrifilar Helix Antennas
for 2400 MHz" publisched in AMSAT-Journal May/June 2004

73" de

i8CVS Domenico