Re: [SPAM] RE: Re: Making your own rotator controller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Cole" <kl7uw@acsalaska.net>
To: "Howard Long" <howard@howardlong.com>; <vk4tec@people.net.au>; "'Henk,
PA3GUO'" <hamoen@iae.nl>; <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 7:55 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: [SPAM] RE: Re: Making your own rotator controller

> Does anyone know of a rotator interface for controlling selsyn
> motors?

> 73,
> Ed - KL7UW

Hi Ed, KL7UW

Unfortunately I know only how to use selsyn motors as position
indicators.
I use selsyn motors instead of potentiometers only as precise position
indicators to show the angular position of AZ and EL in the shak for
my 2400 MHz dish.
The shaft of the antenna is mechanically coupled with the shaft of a
transmitter selsyn motor with a ratio 1/1 while another receiver selsyn
motor is in the shak and has a mechanical index in the shaft to show the
angular position.
Both selsyn motors transmitter and receiver are supplied in parallel
with AC voltage R1-R2 for the rotors and S1-S2-S3 for the stators.

If I need a digital indication instead of a mechanical index indication
then the Analog Device AD2S80A series of variable syncro/resolver-to
-digital converters is the chip to be used.
In addition this chip has a DC output that supply a linear 0-5 volt DC
for a 0 to 360° digital indication and this voltage can be used as
feedback with any available tracking program for automatic traking.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico