Re: 70cm Yagi and AO-51

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Rich" <vk4tec@people.net.au>
To: "OZ1MY" <oz1my@privat.dk>; "Amsat-Bb@Amsat. Org" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:54 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: 70cm Yagi and AO-51

> If I have this correct.
>
> 1. LHCP recieved on a RHCP can knock your signal down by some 20dB
> 2. LHCP matched with LHCP will result in a good signal.
>
> So how does a linear antenna equate when receiving a circular signal ?
>
> And the other way around, a circular receiving a linear signal ?
>

> Andrew Rich VK4TEC

Hi Andrew, VK4TEC

Read please my article "Switching four Polarizations on a 70 cm Crossed
Yagi"

Part-1 in AMSAT-Journal March/April 2007
Part-2 in AMSAT-Journal May/June 2007

Switching from Horizontal to Vertical and from RHCP to LHCP from the
shak using 4 small coax relays antenna mounted you will get the better
polarization match between the signal actually received from the satellite
and your antenna system.
In addition mounting the elements in X configuration over the boom you
get Horizontal and Vertical polarizations for best performance in tropo
communications.

If you cannot find the above articles please let me know.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico