Re: [SPAM] RE: Re: Making your own rotator controller

After reading the preceding thread, I thought I would pose a question
to the list:

Does anyone know of a rotator interface for controlling selsyn
motors?  I have a dish that uses them for az and el drives.  They
seem to take +/-10 volts to position the dish.  Dish position is
determined from digital angle encoders (gray code).  Unfortunately
when I obtained the dish, I did not get the pointing software.  It is
complete with computer controller that talks via RS-232 with a
computer running the tracking program.  The company that built the
dish is long out of business so no luck on getting schematics or
software.  These were custom built (only ten made).

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com