RF Modules

I wonder if anyone has consdered RF modules for a satellite.

I have been playing with a module called "Easy Radio"

It takes care of the pre-amble, bit flipping and CRC. Freq = 433.900 MHz

They put out in the order of mW, but I put a 30 watt amp on the end and wow
!

The data burst is 180 characters max, and it takes around 25ms to send.

These are cheap, they cost around $80 for a full data transciever.

It would eliminate a whole lot of stuff on a board.

I used them for a glider tracker.

Anyway here are some photos of what I am talking about.

http://www.tech-software.net/glider_tx.php