From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of jonny 290
Sent: Saturday, 29 December 2007 11:29 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [SPAM] [amsat-bb] Re: 435 offset yagi phasing

The 1/4 wave sections transform the 50 ohm antenna impedances to 100
ohms at the end of the 75 ohm matching section. If you then use a tee to
parallel the two antennas, the impedance follows the same rules as
paralleled resistances, which means you have a 50 ohm  system at the tee.

You can do it another way, too - just tee the 50 ohm lines and off the
tee run a 1/4 wave section of 37 ohm cable, made with two runs of 75 ohm
coax in parallel. This transforms the 25 ohm impedance at the tee back
up to 50 ohms at the end of the matching section.

I don't know which is superior - you have your options, though.