visual sighting possible?

A few nights ago I was outside with my Arrow and HT working AO-51.
During this time I noticed the faint glow of a satellite in the
direction that I was pointing my antenna (no, I was not using a compass,
sticks or GPS) :)  The satellite drifted across the sky and matched what
I was seeing on my computer's tracking program.  I followed the
satellite with my antenna and I continued to get a great signal from
Echo.  Given that I am at 6000 feet altitude and in a dark area, do you
think I really saw our small friend?

Ollie, AJ1O