Sun shadow for True North

A vertical rod about 4' long (plumb it, or use a level) will have the
shortest shadow at noon.

Some one asked about waiting, for it to happen.

Well don't.

About an hour an a half before approximate noon (use standard time)
put a mark of some sort. Then every half hour or so to increase the
accuracy until ~1 1/2 hours after approximate noon standard time and
you will have a true east west line....Construct from there....

You won't get the fraction degree accuracy someone mentioned with the
north star, but I don't think you will need that.000009 db gain
either unless you need a 30db antenna for your frequency!!!

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...