QRM

I'm new to satellite stuff, I haven't heard a satellite yet, but I feel
my moment is coming.  I live in San Francisco, on top of a hill in the
middle of a swirling vortex of RFI.

For the time being I'm sticking an Arrow II out the window. I get this
reasonably strong CW signal at 436.804 MHz.  It's annoying and right on
top of a common downlink frequency.

So, to make a long story short, the source of the signal was me.  I
bring the antenna inside and start poking around and it's coming from a
Linksys WAP55AG 802.11 (A+G) access point.  Evidently, it's doing a
little 70cm work as well:

    http://www.mock.com/test/spacetrack/wap55ag-rfi.png

One down, hopefully I can hear something 2k miles away rather than
2-meters away.

jeff
AD6EO