Re: 70cm yagi design

The Cheap Yagis by WA5VJB work great and are easy to make:

< http://wa5vjb.com/yagi-pdf/cheapyagi.pdf >

< http://www.wa5vjb.com/references/Cheap%20Antennas-LEOs.pdf >

Precise measurements of element length at 432 are important. You
should strive for measurements of at least +/-1/16"  with +/- 1/32"
better. For the metric inclined you should strive for +/- a mm. These
tolerances are possible with a good metal rule, but a bit more
difficult with a wooden rule or tape measure. Cut the element a bit
long and then file or grind to the proper length checking often.

I have made the 3, 4, and 6 element 2M versions and the 11 element
432 version. They all work well with sharp patterns. They have close
to 50 Ohm impedance without adjustment. Let me know if you have any
more questions, and more importantly, let us know how it all turns
out. - Dr. Megacycle KK6MC/5

--
James Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008