Re: Listening before Transmitting

> >>...All sorts of weird ideas floating around now???

No, things haven't changed...(grin)

I have been chastised for NOT telling folks that TRUE, FULL DUPLEX
OPS IS MANDATORY - to monitor AO-51 and SO-50 downlinks while working
them.

Of course, it IS best to have a full-duplex setup for these birds.
But these sats are so easily worked with low power, that I continue
to turn folks on to AMSAT and this aspect of our hobby with my "How
to Work Amateur Satellites with your HT" presentation. The "demo
station" equipment I use for the presentation continues to consists
of a single dual-band HT at 2.5W, and improved antenna.

And so it goes....

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
909-241-7666