Re: How to calibrate the azimuth angle?

>     I am Chiu-Teng Tsai (BM6ERA) from Taiwan. Now we are building a
> mobile ground station. One of our problem is how to calibrate the
> azimuth angle. Use compass only, or any better solution? Thanks for your help!

Chiu-Teng Tsai

That will certainly work.  Use the North Star to calibrate your
compass for deviation and variation at that location....Or the sun
during the day.

Put a vertical 4' stick in the ground, and when its shadow is the
shortest it is pointing to true north.

Moss on the side of a tree (south in your location) works, but not
very accurate!!!

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....