Re: FT-847 Disaster

Hmm?  Well maybe I have my information wrong.  I heard that the radio
was discontinued due to not being able to obtain a necessary part.  I
had heard that was in the VHF/UHF transmitter.  Well disregard my
comments until more is known.

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 01:05 AM 12/25/2007, Jari Koivurinne wrote:

> > If the ohmmeter shows a dead short, then you probably cooked the
> > final transistors.  Hopefully, you did not cook the VHF or UHF
> > transmitter as the transistors are no longer available.  Yaesu had to
> > discontinue manufacture of the FT-847 due to loss of supply for these
> > transmitting transistors.
> >

> > GL, Ed - KL7UW
> >
>Ed et al.
>Those HF/50/144MHz PA transistors are 2SC5125 which are still available.
>They are also used in FT-857 etc...
>Replacement transistor used is 2SC2782 which is quite common and very cheap.
>
>The UHF transistor 2SC3102 is not so common but modestly available.
>
>GL, Jari OH3UW

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com