Re: FT-847 Disaster

Joe, I've done this - my time, it was my Alinco DR-119 mobile, my only
ham radio at the time, reverse polarity, _no fuse_, to a gel cell. I wept.

Anyways, you're probably looking for a smoked diode near the DC input.
Can you get ahold of a service manual? Google might assist on that. I'll
look this evening to see if I can sort something out.