O/T U.S. Hams - Stop Whining about not getting your OLPCfor Xmas...

...or Santa will leave you a lump of coal.

And yes to the one poster... you can cancel and get a refund
http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/terms-and-conditions.php see #7

Or you can go to e-Bay and buy one (1) for a "Buy It Now" for as much as
$650U.S.   These babies are are as hot as the WII and Guitar Hero.

 <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Home> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Home
summarizing....

.... Oh Canada... We at OLPC are very sorry about the Canadian shipment
situation: we underestimated the time it would take us to fully work out the
import duties and taxes and we were not clear in our communication to you.
We apologize for everyone with a child who will not receive a laptop this
year. You can visit the laptopgiving.org website to download a gift
<http://laptopgiving.org/en/gift-cards.php> card that lets your child know
that an XO laptop is on its way; it is obviously not the same as a laptop,
but we hope it helps in some small way. We are working on the logistics of
getting XOs to Canada: everyone should have their XO in the January/February
time frame. The team at OLPC wants to thank everyone who has thus far
participated in Give One Get One. Thanks to the generosity of Canadians,
more than 4000 children in the least-developed countries will be receiving
laptops in early 2008. --Walter <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Walter>
20:39, 20 December 2007 (EST) ...

The free one year t-mobile account for U.S users is equivalent to the $399
GOGI offer.   You get your XO laptop for free!

And those 4000 laptop donations from Canada ... we have a couple of t-mobile
hot spots in Canada at some of our international airports.  Basically, the
t-mobile offer means nothing to us.

One the bright side, Canadian's are buying the XO for less than $399US.

And finally:

It's an education project, not a laptop project.

-Nicholas  <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Nicholas_Negroponte> Negroponte

Have a great holiday everyone.

73, Alan VE4YZ
EN19