Pre-amps

I got a couple of cheap and nasty BFR91 pre-amp boards from out local
electronics store.

I built one and the gain was equal or worse. It had two sets of components
for VHF and UHF.

So I took a gamble and put in the VHF parts instead.

Bingo S1 to S9 improvement.

Ok, so lets cascade them.

Sure enough the front end of my radio on 144 MHz overloaded with other
signals.

It has bought up GO32 from S1 to S9

GENSAT is S4 from S nothing.

Now this is just before the radio.

I am now keen to throw it in a box and up at the antenna.

Having fun, also building a Power Break out box with meters and switches.

Cheers

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec@people.net.au
http://www.tech-software.net