Re: GEO sats and Australia

 >Don't worry about the Southern Hemisphere, geostationary satellites
 >sit over the equator, by definition.  However, of more concern is
 >coverage of the _Eastern_ Hemisphere...   However, if the Intelsat
 >deal goes ahead, then it's quite possible we'll have multiple birds
 >to enable near global coverage, from what I've read here....
 >
 >73 de VK3JED

I really don't see much of a technical challenge with a geo, but if
that is the lie of the lie, so be it.

A cell phone has about the same degree of difficulty...

And who gets the 1st third....or will all three be installed at the time??

I'd rather see one similar to AO7 or 8 with ssb/cw, and bandwidth to
enable many users, rather than the dumb FM voice (2 user) bird
AMSAT-NA spent all that money on...

             73, Dave, WB6LLO
                 dguimon1@san.rr.com

                     Disagree: I learn....