Re: Those using a Buxcomm adaptor

On Dec 19, 2007, at 2:40 AM, Stephen Thornber wrote:

> Why build a time out timer when a simple inline switch to break the
> circuit will do?

Because he was talking about unattended operation.  I assume so anyway.

What I believe he was saying is that in unattended digital operation
(packet, whatever) if the software dies it leaves the transmitter
stuck on.

If the software crashes and you're sitting there watching it, you
would just reach over and turn the radio off and restart the
software.  No watchdog timers needed.

Logically I can only assume he was talking about not being there to
watch it since if you're sitting there, it wouldn't be a problem at
all.  It would only be annoying.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com