Re: GEO sats and Australia

At 07:58 AM 12/20/2007, Andrew Rich wrote:
>Will this recent talk of GEO sats leave the southern hemisphere out fo the
>picture ?

Don't worry about the Southern Hemisphere, geostationary satellites
sit over the equator, by definition.  However, of more concern is
coverage of the _Eastern_ Hemisphere...   However, if the Intelsat
deal goes ahead, then it's quite possible we'll have multiple birds
to enable near global coverage, from what I've read here....

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com