Re: ANDE ramping down: now almost at 200km

Hi Henk and all!

Strangely enough, but honestly, I did not look at the graph.  The problem
with re-entry predictions is most treat it as a linear decay when in reality
it's logarithmic.  It compounds itself and progresses as times progresses.
Sorry for not converting miles to KM, but at 100 miles, depending on it's
mass and surface area, time is running out and fast.  At 90 miles heating is
increasing dramatically.  Between 80 to 90 miles, it has re-entered,
depending on how "thick" the atmosphere is at that time.  Remember, at solar
maximum the atmoshere is much thicker due to the increase of the solar
activity.  It's quite possible that if we were currently at solar maximum,
ANDE would have been history by now.

Not to brag, boast or claim any superior powers :), I did manage to come in
2nd place in the Chicken Little contest in predicting the re-entry of the
satellite Solar Max.  I also came in 2nd place in predicting the re-entry of
Oscar-9.

73,

Jeff  WB3JFS