Re: ANDE warming, Telemetry and Re-entry

Hi Jim,

I am using a TS2000 as well, 6 elements DK7ZB, 14 meter AIRCELL7, no preamp.

For doppler I apply 3 mem channels, compensating 2 khz (so rx 145.827/825/823)
and tx 145.823/825/827). So: your set up should work.

Keep trying, sometimes the next pass is 'better'.
See here for the example: the 50 degrees pass was better as the 78 degrees elevation.
http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo (see the Dec 16 log)

Do prior to each pass an update of the keppler sets
NOVA: Keppler > Internet update > update now (or something like that)

Keep trying !
Henk
http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo

Jim, ZL1TYF wrote:
---------------------
I've just now, 17th Dec 2007 10:22 UTC, attempted to copy ANDE as it goes
over for maybe one of the last times for this location.

It was an almost perfect pass here in Wellington, New Zealand, with a
maximum elevation of about 78 degrees per Nova, using keps from Space-Track
that are about 13 hours old.

I was late getting set up, so it took some time to get the TNC within my rig
(Kenwood TS-2000) set up, and remembering how to set the UNPROTO path (*1).

Anyway, on sending a few "Hi" and "Hello" prompts (*2), I did hear ANDE
digirepeat me, and maybe some extra packets too. Sadly, the signal was very
noisy, and I got no valid decodes at any time. So no telemetry, which I had
hoped to get.